Hello friends! How are you all. Today we are talking about Dining food dramas. We as parents, often face mood swings and eating dramas during meal times.
As a parent of 3 year old daughter, let me tell you it isnt easy to feed your child.
Here are some of the common mistakes that we do often.
- Holding deserts, cakes or chocolates as hostage- Normally, we try to bribe our kids with sweets and deserts. We tell them to finish their meals and get cake or chocolate as reward, instilling the feeling that cake is better than meal.
- Not to include children in conversation- We often committ mistake by not including our toddlers in conversations. Try to make them a part of your dicussions, thereby improving their social skills and table manners.
- Give chance to your child to participate in food menus at home. Try making nutritious wholesome meals for the family always. If you are eating a maggi or a burger, you cant expect your kid to have flatbread or puffed rice.
- Generally at toddler age, they tend to get mood swings or specific preferences of food. Try to slowly change their habits in due course of time, don’t rush into anything.
- Give always a food for thought in creating food. Its not always necessary to give typical same pattern food all the time. Experiment with flavors, colors and give pleasant surprise.
Enjoy parenting and have a great time!!!!