Hats off to all the mothers, I genuinely know how tough it is to go through the pregnancy and delivery of a child. Then, soon the thought dawns upon each and every mother, how I am going to lose weight. Relax and take it easy. After giving enough rest for yourself for atleast six weeks or more, you can start working out in a healthy and stress free manner.
· Eating well-balanced meals can help speed your recovery. It can also make it easier to keep up with the demands of being a new parent. Whether you are breastfeeding or bottle feeding, aim to eat healthily. Try to eat sensibly when you are hungry.
· Make time for your meals, especially breakfast. Skipping meals can lower your energy levels and won't help you lose weight.
· Eat at least five portions of fruits and vegetables in a day.
· Include plenty of fibre-rich foods such as vegetables, oats, lentils and grains in your diet.
· Go easy on the special high-calorie foods given to women after birth, such as panjiri, ghee-laden dishes and fried dry fruits. Enjoy these tasty treats by balancing them with your meals.
· Watch your portions at mealtimes. Small meals eaten often can help prevent overeating.
· Drink plenty of low-calorie fluids like water, nimbu pani, coconut waterand fresh fruit juices. Lots of calories can be hidden in packaged juices, full cream milk and soft drinks.
· Breastfeed your baby. Experts say that exclusive breastfeeding makes it easier to regain your pre-pregnancy shape.
· Keep an eye on the number and type of snacks you have between meals. Opt for healthy and filling snacks like salads, fruit platters or a glass of toned milk.
· With a new baby it can be hard to find time to take care of yourself. But it is important to lose weight carefully and slowly.
· Be positive and energetic. Positive mind will always help you to get back into your shape.