It's always an enchanting moment, when you welcome your little baby in your home. But, remember, with all the happiness surrounded in the air, it’s the responsibility of you and your spouse to take care of safety measures as well. Always baby proof the room on a priority basis. It's always said it's better to be safe than never.
· Keep the baby room neat and clean. No dust or dirt should be there in the surrounding. Keep vacuum cleaning and changing bedsheets on a regular basis.
· A general rule of thumb: Anything that fits through a cardboard toilet paper roll is a choking hazard.
· Cleaning products, sharp implement—cabinets hold all sorts of hazards to children.
· The easiest way to child proof, just about any room or object such as stairs is to prevent your child from getting near. The best baby proofing solution to prevent your child climbing the stairs is a baby gate or fence. A baby gate will prevent your child from going anywhere near the staircase. A properly installed baby gate will hamper your curious child’s access even when you are not watching.
· Have a giant rubber mat in the kids’ bathtub to prevent slips and falls. Always make sure that the bathroom doors are never kept open while you are busy with some other work.
· Do your best to remove or modify the most obvious of dangers, but recognize that a certain amount of bumps and falls are a completely okay and normal part of growing up. Cover up outlets, bolt tall furniture to the walls, move sharp or toxic items far out of reach, keep dangerous appliances like shredders, toasters and blenders unplugged.
· Keep pillows on either side of the bed when your baby is sleeping, to prevent a baby fall. Keep all the plastic toys and soft toys away from the babies till they grow up and become 6 to 1 year old. Always keep a watch on what the babies are playing with.
Enjoy parenting and rediscovering motherhood every day of your life.